Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 62: Reaching Canada

Day 61- 7/16/08
Start - Eureka, MT
End - before Fernie, BC
Mileage - ~50 miles
Another beautifully relaxing morning. After packing up my life for the final time in the USA for this trip, we went over to the Front Porch- the best coffee shop in Eureka. I picked up half of a cantoulope, with granola, banana, and a cup of joe for b-fast. Met the chef there- named Bob- super cool guy that was really into biking. He made probably the best potato salad I've ever had in my life. Once he was done I went to his house to meet his family and use his internet. So I purchased a ticket home from New York. You know the end of a trip is approaching when final arrangements for returning are made. Quite sad. After we finish in Banff, I'm planning to stick around for a week or so and explore the hiking in Banff, Jasper, and Canmore. Hopefully I can sell my bike then and I'll be making my way to New York to help a friend move in. Should be a nice end to the trip. We're sitting at a Loon Lake- our first stop in Canada! I crossed the border about 1 hour ago and had a great chat with the border lady. Gotta love Canada, especially when you've been riding from Mexico to reach it. Just had a spectacular swim and now it's time to eat lunch. Life is but a dream.

No comments: